It’s her job to stretch out a simple idea into 17 minutes, but it’s painful to watch.
Let me save you some time…
- The crazy shutdown of the GWB had nothing to do with the endorsement of the mayor of Fort Lee, New Jersey.
- It was about the NJ State Supreme Court and the State Senate and Christie of course.
- In 2010, Christie refused to re-appoint a judge.
- The NY Times ran an editorial.
- The NJ State Senate was livid.
- They refused to approve of Christie’s appointments to replace him.
- He refuses to re-appoint a Republican member of the court, the wife of a member of his administration, not wanting to put her through the approval process by “animals.”
- The Democratic leader of the Senate represents (drumroll please) Fort Lee.
- All this came to a head on August 12, the day before of the famous email saying it was time for Fort Lee to have “some traffic problems.”
- Fort Lee was a punchline in a standard SNL skit in the early years.
- Roseanne Rosannadanna, played by Gilda Radner, would always respond to letters from “Richard Feder of Fort Lee, New Jersey.”
- I’m pretty sure this has nothing to do with the Christie scandal. 😉