One of the commenters on yesterday’s piece asked if Storify would be up to helping Twitter be a “public notepad.” At first I thought no — it’s not about curating your own posts, but then I took another look and the answer is — yes, you can use it to gather and publish your own ideas, you just have to be determined to find the way to do it.
- Go to storify.com and log in using your Twitter account.
- Click on the big green Create Story button.
- Click on the Twitter icon at the top of the right panel.
- Click on User.
- Enter your Twitter handle.
- Now your tweets are in the right panel. Screen shot.
- You can drag your “notepad” posts from the right panel into the left.
- You can even change the order (you’ll likely have to if you want them to be in chronological order).
- Give it a title, and publish and you’re ready to go.
It’s a lot of steps
- Here’s the “story” I created.
- But — it’s easier than doing it manually, which makes it worth doing.
- However — I would prefer if it were more compact, if it didn’t make such a big deal of wrapping my words in the Twitter-approved envelope. It makes it even harder to follow the flow than it is in my timeline, which is hard to do because it’s in the wrong order in the timeline!