I don’t know what came over me this morning, but I got an idea after watching a speech by Elizabeth Warren on YouTube. I was in tears, the ideas were so simple and compelling, and so rarely talked about. We are a country of people, not corporations — but we’ve lost track of that, and we’re stacking the deck against the people. But then I remembered, she hasn’t said anything about the NSA spying on the American people. One idea led to another, and people responded, and I kept going. I wanted to get all of it down here in one place, before moving on into 2014.
- Watching Elizabeth Warren’s speech at the DNC, literally in tears she’s so great, except — what has she said about NSA spying on Americans?
- Same thing with Ezra Klein. What an up-and-comer. So smart. Always has the right answer. Except on NSA spying on Americans. Crickets.
- I live a few blocks from Times Square. It’s already crazy here. Why do people stand in the street? Most don’t get to see the ball drop.
- My opinion about the NSA. Politics in the US stops until it’s over. Nothing. It’s unacceptable. Outrageous. Fascist. Un-American.
- The @paulg story is opportunism by Gawker and this new publication. Headline should read: Graham is not a politician. That’s the real story.
- Truth: @paulg has a narrow view of who can make a contribution in tech. However: That’s his right as an investor and human being.
- For example, I’d like @paulg to tell the students who come to Startup School that being an entrepreneur isn’t the only way to contribute.
- I was forced to be an entrepreneur when I was young because there was no other way to be creative. Wasn’t a good fit. Yet I did contribute.
- It’s always been a struggle. To this day people describe me as an entrepreneur. I am not an entrepreneur.
- People say I’m a lousy entrepreneur. True! I’m also a lousy polo player.
- If I were in my teens today, Zuck would not be my role model.
- You know who would be my role model? Banksy! 🙂
- Evan Williams is an entrepreneur. Aaron Levie is an entrepreneur. James Hong. Nothing wrong with being an entrepreneur.
- But — don’t expect entrepreneurs to love your creativity. It’s not what they do.
- One of the good things about the Gawker-created mess is that we can talk about @paulg. In other times, VCs are very much a forbidden topic.
- Online discourse would work better if it was always understood that there’s a difference between The Truth and Your Opinion.
- It’s time for the Knicks to call Phil Jackson.