I am unable to send links from my linkblogging tool to Twitter.
This outage started at 5:45PM Eastern yesterday. The last four of my links didn’t go through. The reply from Twitter is empty. There’s no error message or error code.
The first three links were about Hurricane Sandy. The fourth was about the election.
I’ve tried re-authorizing the account with Twitter, but that didn’t seem to make a difference. The response is still empty. Nothing is posted to my Twitter account.
If you have any clues what else I might try, I’m happy to. It’s possible something changed in the Twitter API that I am not aware of.
It’s also possible this is the end of the road, that for some reason they’ve decided that my contribution is no longer wanted.
I’ll save any editorializing until there’s more info. 🙂
- I posted a note on the Twitter Dev discussion board.
- Got a pointer to this issue, which seems to have happened about the same time. Not clear whether it’s related to this.
While I’m stuck
- I don’t think I’m being caught up in the same mess as the other guys, because I’m getting back an empty response. They’re getting back a message saying that the content-length header is missing.
- Well, it turns out I was getting the message, it was just happening at such a low level that I wasn’t seeing it.
- So to be clear, I was caught up in the same breakage as everyone else.
- See this worknote for details on the workaround, which I will now release.